Saturday, March 10, 2012


So our little girl turned 1 this week! Boy the time really flys!! This last year has been a good one however it has been a lot of transitioning! Its quite a change to be working full time and have somewhere to go every day or at least 5 days a week to be staying home all the time. I've enjoyed it, especially seeing little Evie grow and really come alive with a personality. But on the other hand, it feels like I am really missing out on meeting people and growing personally. I know the Lord is grateful I have choosen to be a mother, and I am happy to be one. I just have to some how find a good balance and not lose myself in being 'just a homemaker'. It sure wears on you to serve all the time. Perhaps thats selfish talk, but I need a break here and there too. This last year has made me aware of just how wonderful my own mother is. She did so much for my siblings and I. She worked full time and was still a home maker. I never remember her complaining. She loved her family and it showed. I hope to be just as good a mother as she is to me!

No comments: